Jacobson-Wilson House (1914)

Home/Historical Properties/Jacobson-Wilson House (1914)
Jacobson-Wilson House (1914) 2013-07-03T15:10:36+00:00

Project Description

232 B Street

John Jacobson, a carpenter employed by the University, built this one story bungalow, which fuses the Craftsman with the Colonial Revival styles in 1914. He also built other houses in the neighborhood, mainly working for professors he met on campus. He lived in this house until 1919 when it was purchased by James Wilson, professor of Animal Husbandry at the University. The Wilson’s added the second story in 1923 and the building served as the Wilson family home for many years. In 1925, Professor Wilson became the first chair of the Davis Planning Commission and served in that capacity for 12 years.
(Lofland, Pg 101, 106)

Project Details

Categories: