Why Open a Business in Downtown Davis?
- Downtown Davis is at the cultural and economic center of an eclectic community that pairs a world-class university with the agricultural heritage of a quickly expanding City, striving to retain its small town-feel.
- Alive with activity seven days a week, Downtown Davis draws locals and visitors alike to experience fine food and wines, retail, services, arts and entertainment in an extraordinary and sustainable gathering place.
- It’s clean & green: Learn more about the City of Davis commercial food scrap program here.
- The Davis Downtown Business Association and Davis Chamber of Commerce provide support, advocacy and events that help drive foot traffic into Downtown businesses. Look at DDBA’s successful Shopping Promotions, Gift Card Program or popular 2nd Friday ArtAbout.
- Opening a business can be a time-consuming process, but there are people here to help! A small-town atmosphere means big-time personal service. Call the City of Davis, and speak to a real person. The City of Davis Business License department can answer questions via phone or in-person, Monday-Friday, 10 am-4 pm. (530) 757-5651.
Learn the steps in setting up a small business in the downtown. Gain insights from current downtown business owners and experts in the field.
Insert Videos and Other Resources Here. Some possibilities:
- Steps to setting up a small business
- How to participate in the Loyalty & Marketing Program
- Information about the Gift Card Program
- Information about Professional Development Workshops
The Davis Chamber of Commerce is a membership organization whose mission is to promote, support, and advocate the general economic vitality of its membership and the quality of life for the community. For more information about the Chamber of Commerce, call 530-756-5160 or visit their website at www.davischamber.com
Small Business Development Assistance
The Northeastern California Small Business Development Center (SBDC) for the Greater Sacramento region and the City of Davis have entered into a partnership agreement with the intent of helping Davis small businesses become even more successful. The SBDC offers one-on-one business management consulting services at no cost.
SBDC consultants can assist business owners with business/marketing plans, financial analysis and cost management, operations management, strategic website and e-commerce development, customer service, and business permits and licensing. The SBDC also offers low-cost and no-cost business management workshops throughout the year at the SBDC office in Sacramento. Visit their website at www.sbdc.net for a list of current workshops and to learn more about the SBDC. To schedule an appointment with a SBDC consultant call 916-563-3210.
Yolo County Tools For Business
Yolo County provides fantastic tools for business, from Business Planning & Assistance to Funding Programs to Government Requirements. You can find their list of tools at http://yolo.toolsforbusiness.info.