203 G Street
John B. Anderson, who served as the first mayor of Davis in 1917, built this large brick building, which still dominates a corner opposite the railroad depot (# 8) in the central business district, in 1914. The direct simplicity of its style reflects influences of Louise H. Sullivan, a landmark American architect of the Prairie School. As with the brick building across the street (# 6), ornamentation is achieved primarily by relief modulations in the brick surface, although there are some terra cotta insets in this case. Original occupants included the newly organized Bank of Davis, with an entrance facing the corner (an entrance which is currently utilized but which was bricked over at one time when users of the building had other ideas); the Davis Post Office, located north of the bank and facing G Street; several businesses in ground floor shops along 2nd Street; and doctors, lawyers and dentists who leased office space on the second floor.