1st and F Streets
The “Log Cabin” is an example of a continued fondness for the rustic forms and images of pioneer America. It is also an example of what community effort has accomplished in Davis. The community began looking for a place to house the growing range of scouting activities in 1924. The Rotary Club played a major role in fund raising, and construction of such a facility began in 1926. The “logs” of the cabin are actually electrical poles donated by P.G. & E. and members of the Rotary Club and other volunteers from the community, assisted by the Boy Scouts themselves who laid the foundation, constructed the building on land leased from the University. It was dedicated in December of 1927.