714-726 2nd Street
Built in two phases (1926 & 1928), the Brinley Block Building, a one story brick structure, is an example of commercial architecture of the late 1920’s. The building incorporates several business establishments into one clean overall rectangular design, with ornamentation primarily consisting of integral patterns in the brick. Although not as old as the Anderson Bank Building (# 7) and the Masonic Hall (# 24) it joins with them in contributing to the surviving but limited “downtown” streetscape. The building stands on the site of a former popular gathering place of the time, Weber’s Yolo Saloon (see photo in Lofland, Pg 71). The owner of the current building is a descendent of the Weber family.