First Presbyterian Manse (1884)

Home/Historical Properties/First Presbyterian Manse (1884)
First Presbyterian Manse (1884) 2013-07-03T15:07:45+00:00

Project Description

619 4th Street

This vernacular Classical Revival house was built in 1884 by William H. Hampton, owner of the Davisville Lumber Company and an elder and bookkeeper for the Davisville Presbyterian Church (Davis Community Church). It served as the first manse (pastor’s residence) of the church and the first occupant was Rev. J. E. Anderson. It was converted into a community center for students in 1924, but later sold to private owners and returned to residential use. In 1928 it was the home of Rev. Martin Fiske, pastor of the Davis Community Church from 1920 – 1933. Rev. Fiske was responsible for raising funds for
the construction of the church building at 4th and C Streets (# 2) in 1926.

Project Details

Categories: