Hattie Weber Museum (1911)

//Hattie Weber Museum (1911)
Hattie Weber Museum (1911) 2013-07-03T13:54:42+00:00

Project Description

445 C Street

The first library building in Davis, the original one room structure was built after volunteer fundraising to purchase the lot on F Street. The Bachelor Girls, a social organization, raised the $550 for construction through dances, luncheons, spinning bees and parties. Hattie Weber, the first librarian, remained in charge for 43 years, and the building remained a library until 1968 when the present library on 14th Street opened. The building was enlarged in 1924 and again in 1959. It is a modest yet handsome example of the Colonial Revival. Following its use as a library, the building served as the Davis Teen Center. When it was moved to its present site in 1988, it opened as the Hattie Weber Museum. In addition to its use as a museum, the City owned building also serves as a public meeting room.

Project Details

Categories: