Southern Pacific Depot (1911)

Home/Historical Properties/Southern Pacific Depot (1911)
Southern Pacific Depot (1911) 2013-07-03T14:36:42+00:00

Project Description

2nd and H Streets

In 1868, the California Pacific Railroad built a branch north from Davisville to Yuba City off its main line between Vallejo and Sacramento. This “Y Junction” greatly stimulated growth in Davisville. The original frame structure was replaced in 1913 by the present Mission Revival style structure, a superb representation of a building type important to the state’s development. With recent refurbishing of the depot itself, along with improvements to the parking lot and nearby structures, the 2nd and G Street intersection once again welcomes train and bus travelers to the City of Davis, even without the Davis Arch (see note above).

Project Details

Categories: