Davis Downtown is a 32‐block Downtown Business Improvement District (DBID) formed in 1989. The DBID empowers business license holders in the defined area to self‐assess annual fees to ensure the economic well‐being of the DBID. Activities of the DBID include marketing, events, and advocacy.
As part of the DBID renewal process, Davis Downtown prepares an annual report documenting the activities of the organization. The annual report highlights achievements of the past year and provides insight to upcoming activities and efforts. The report addresses efforts in alignment with the key activities of Davis Downtown:
- Advocating on behalf of the Downtown.
- Organizing, sustaining, and supporting activities and events.
- Developing regional marketing opportunities.
- Expanding relations with the City and UC Davis.
- Addressing parking issues.
- Promoting diverse business opportunities.
The annual report is prepared by Davis Downtown staff during September and October, reviewed/approved by the Davis Downtown Board of Directors, and submitted to the Davis City Council for consideration.